- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Vubiquity expands content library with new VoD distribution deals
MUMBAI: Vubiquity, a global technology provider for managing and distributing media and entertainment video content, has announced deals to manage video-on-demand (VOD) content distribution for three networks – Bright TV, Grokker and Ride TV.
“Our priority is to bring as much premium content to audiences on every screen. With consumers’ increasing demand for specific programming, our partnerships with these three independent networks expand their reach so they are able to exploit their great content across a diverse audience and gain awareness for these unique categories,” said Vubiquity executive VP, sales Gabriel Berger.
The announcement comes amidst a string of exclusive VOD deals Vubiquity secured in recent months, including an international subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) partnership with AwesomenessTV in December that expanded the Generation-Z focused content network’s distribution capabilities into the Middle East, Africa, South Eastern Europe and Latin America.
Vubiquity will provide a broad set of distribution services including the ingest, content prep, asset management, transcoding and provisioning services in support of growing distribution for:
- The launch of Bright TV, a new network specialising in children’s content with an educational and learning-based mission, to both traditional and next-generation content platforms.
- The launch of a SVOD service for Grokker, a network specialising in yoga, meditation and personal well-being, on a major multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD). This will mark the first time Grokker’s content will be available on any MVPD.
- The launch of Ride TV, a lifestyle network for horse enthusiasts, on Dish Network and other MVPDs.
“Bright TV is a network for our next generation of children that requires a next generation content management and delivery partner. With Vubiquity, we found just that. Their technology will allow us to seamlessly reach young audiences on both traditional and new media platforms in a variety of engaging ways,” said Bright TV president Patrick Jacobs.
“Specifically designed to help busy people live happier, healthier lives, Grokker is proud to partner with Vubiquity to bring our fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking videos to MVPDs. With hundreds of premium expert-led video classes on Grokker, consumers can now experience what it’s like to have a personal trainer or yoga teacher, on-demand, in their own living room,” said Grokker founder, CEO Lorna Borenstein
“Vubiquity has an impressive catalogue of VOD technology and services that they tailored expertly to our needs. That type of flexibility and know-how is critical for any growing content creator. With Vubiquity in the saddle, we’re making our unique equestrian-focused content more accessible than ever before,” said Ride TV CEO Michael Fletcher.