- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Voot partners IIFA 2016 as streaming partner in India
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s video streaming service Voot has become the exclusive streaming partner of International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards 2016 in India.
Speaking about the association, Viacom18 Digital Ventures COO Gaurav Gandhi said, “We are delighted to partner IIFA to bring the biggest Bollywood awards extravaganza to the digital audiences In India. Within a very short period, Voot has already emerged as a go-to online destination for the biggest TV shows, kids content and digital originals (Voot Originals). With this association with IIFA, which already enjoys a massive fan following in India, we are further strengthening our Bollywood proposition as well. Viewers in India will now be able to stream all IIFA 2016 Awards, IIFA Rocks and related content on their mobile and computer screens on-demand, and this will be available exclusively on Voot.”
IIFA 2016 will be hosting a spectacular celebrity weekend where the stars and their fans converge together in Madrid, Spain. The highlights of the celebrations are the Videocon d2h IIFA Weekend and the Nexa IIFA Awards powered by LeEco. Wizcraft International Entertainment is organising and producing the entire event.
Hosted by Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar, the star-studded event will showcase scintillating performances by the country’s foremost heartthrobs Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha and Tiger Shroff.