- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Vodafone Play partners HOOQ to bring entertainment content
MUMBAI: Vodafone India has partnered HOOQ, Asia’s first premium video-on-demand service, to offer to customers unlimited streaming of over thousands of hours of entertainment content from Hollywood, Bollywood and local movies along with exclusive series.
This basket of entertainment will be available on Vodafone Play, Vodafone’s one-stop entertainment destination to enjoy streaming of content; be it live TV, popular shows, latest movies or trending music videos.
Vodafone Play subscribers can now binge watch popular American shows like ‘The Big Bang Theory’, ‘Arrow’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’, ‘Gotham’, ‘Supergirl’, ‘Friends’, ‘The Flash’ and many more. Enhancing the video streaming experience on Vodafone Play is a rich list of the best of local and Hollywood hits at no extra charges.
Said Vodafone India national head – VAS and Content Dipankar Ghoshal, “With mobiles becoming the preferred screen for entertainment, the average time spent on smartphones daily is significantly higher than TV, demonstrating that the engagement levels provided by smartphones remain unparalleled. We find our customers are increasingly seeking enriching and diverse content options. Through our partnership with HOOQ, Vodafone has further strengthened the base of quality content on Vodafone Play. As the world gets smaller by the day, Vodafone Play subscribers can now access globally acclaimed movies, television shows and more, at the tip of their finger anytime, anywhere.”
Added HOOQ India managing director Salil Kapoor, “We are extremely thrilled to announce our partnership with Vodafone today. This collaboration further solidifies our position as the country’s biggest premium video-on-demand service. India is one of the key markets for HOOQ and this strategic partnership will ensure a wider reach for us giving Vodafone customers a window to experience the best of Hollywood movies and TV shows across genres.”