- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Vivek Oberoi developing web series
MUMBAI: Even Bollywood is getting attracted to digital content. Actor-producer Vivek Oberoi is producing a nine-episode web series in Marathi.
The series will focus on stories of the common man drawn from real life incidents.
While working on his charity housing project in Maharashtra, Oberoi was moved by some of the stories.
One such episode follows a construction worker who took a Rs 10 lakh loan to educate his son but couldn’t repay it even after nine years of paying interest, Mumbai Mirror reported. Highlighting the conditions of site workers, the episode shows how the son becomes a senior engineer who oversees the development of the sites his father had worked on, eventually repaying the loan.
Vivek’s organisation ‘Karrm Infrastructure’ is backing the series.