- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Vivek Oberoi developing web series
MUMBAI: Even Bollywood is getting attracted to digital content. Actor-producer Vivek Oberoi is producing a nine-episode web series in Marathi.
The series will focus on stories of the common man drawn from real life incidents.
While working on his charity housing project in Maharashtra, Oberoi was moved by some of the stories.
One such episode follows a construction worker who took a Rs 10 lakh loan to educate his son but couldn’t repay it even after nine years of paying interest, Mumbai Mirror reported. Highlighting the conditions of site workers, the episode shows how the son becomes a senior engineer who oversees the development of the sites his father had worked on, eventually repaying the loan.
Vivek’s organisation ‘Karrm Infrastructure’ is backing the series.