- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Viu to premiere two original shows on 31 Mar
MUMBAI: Vuclip’s video-on-demand (VOD) service Viu is all set to release its two original shows ‘Gehraiyaan’ and Spotlight’.
Created in association with Vikram Bhatt, the shows will premiere on 31 March.
The VOD service has released the official music track for the upcoming premium shows. Directed by Sidhant Sachdev, ‘Gehraiyaan’ is said to be the first digital horror series.
Starring Sanjeeda Sheikh and Vatsal Sheth, the show is a romantic thriller intermingled with horror. It revolves around the mystery behind the paranormal experience of the protagonist. The title track is composed by Harsh Sagane and Shalu and sung by Aakanksha Sharma.
‘Spotlight’ features Tridha Choudhury and Sid Makkar in the lead along with Arif Zakaria, Krunal Pandit and Rajesh Khera.
Directed by Suhail Tatari, the show chronicles the story of a small town girl’s meteoric rise to stardom and her quest for true love in an industry where love is elusive.
The song ‘Khafa Khafa’ is sung by Yaseer Desai, who was nominated for Mirchi Music Awards this year. It is written by Vijay Vijawat and composed and created by Harish Sagane.
Said Bollywood ace Bhatt, “These ‘Viu Originals’ have been created with the best of talent and production quality that is second to none. Music plays a key role in complementing the storytelling process. The official songs released today encapsulate the essence of both the shows and we are confident that they will set the mood for the audience to watch these shows on Viu come 31 March.”