- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Vimeo acquires OTT subscription video platform VHX
MUMBAI: Vimeo, an operating business of IAC, has announced the acquisition of VHX, a platform for premium over-the-top (OTT) subscription video channels.
The acquisition aims to strengthen Vimeo’s marketplace for consumers to access high quality programming direct from creators worldwide. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Online video is expanding from a few, mainstream subscription services into a flourishing world of interest-based streaming channels, much like the evolution from broadcast to cable television. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the viewers who love them, and we’re excited to add VHX’s team and technology to our streaming marketplace. As the video universe continues to unbundle, Vimeo offers the ideal home for the next generation of premium video channels serving passionate global audiences” said Vimeo CEO Kerry Trainor.
VHX co-founder, CEO Jamie Wilkinson said, “We couldn’t ask for a better partner than Vimeo. Adding our platform to Vimeo’s massive community of creators and consumers means we’ll be able to move faster, and help creators large and small succeed in the over-the-top streaming market.”
With the addition of VHX, Vimeo now offers a complete streaming ecosystem for individual creators, niche programmers and major media partners to offer subscription video on demand (SVOD) channels. Only Vimeo offers partners the ability to build catalogues and audience by sourcing programming from Vimeo’s vibrant creator community, and accessing Vimeo’s global ecosystem of over 280 million monthly users.
Vimeo now offers creators:
- Audience: access to a global ecosystem of over 280 mn creators and viewers.
- Industry leading economics: low startup costs and best-in-industry revenue share.
- Data transparency: Vimeo provides customer data, insights, and powerful video analytics tools.
- Scalable technology: rapidly launch or migrate SVOD channels in 4K adaptive streaming across mobile, web and TV apps, plus available industry-standard DRM.
- Partner branded sites and apps: easily launch a branded SVOD channel across websites, mobile and TV apps.