- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Viacom18 unveils technical partners for VoD service Voot
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Digital Ventures has unveiled the technical partners for its soon-to-launch digital VoD service Voot.
Kaltura, a global major in OTT and video streaming, is on board as the platform provider. Kaltura is building several customised features for Voot, which will be unique and relevant for the Indian market.
To design the user experience and user interface, Viacom18 has roped in US based A Different Engine (ADE), a company with extensive experience and specialisation in building UX/UI for large multi-platform video streaming services.
While Web Dunia is on board for web services and website development, the company is also playing the critical role of a system integrator. The mobile applications are being developed by one of India’s leading developers, Robosoft Technologies.
Speaking on the partnerships, Viacom18 Digital Ventures COO Gaurav Gandhi stated, “In this business, product and technology play a pivotal role. While we work towards bringing popular and engaging content in this space for our viewers, we were equally focused on working with the best technology and design partners to build a world-class, differentiated product with superlative user experience.”
The ad-supported VoD service will aim to cater to the constant content consumption cravings of the always-on digital generation. In addition to exclusively showcasing the content produced and aired by Viacom18 channels, Voot will also have a big focus on original content created only for the service.