- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Viacom18 unveils technical partners for VoD service Voot
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Digital Ventures has unveiled the technical partners for its soon-to-launch digital VoD service Voot.
Kaltura, a global major in OTT and video streaming, is on board as the platform provider. Kaltura is building several customised features for Voot, which will be unique and relevant for the Indian market.
To design the user experience and user interface, Viacom18 has roped in US based A Different Engine (ADE), a company with extensive experience and specialisation in building UX/UI for large multi-platform video streaming services.
While Web Dunia is on board for web services and website development, the company is also playing the critical role of a system integrator. The mobile applications are being developed by one of India’s leading developers, Robosoft Technologies.
Speaking on the partnerships, Viacom18 Digital Ventures COO Gaurav Gandhi stated, “In this business, product and technology play a pivotal role. While we work towards bringing popular and engaging content in this space for our viewers, we were equally focused on working with the best technology and design partners to build a world-class, differentiated product with superlative user experience.”
The ad-supported VoD service will aim to cater to the constant content consumption cravings of the always-on digital generation. In addition to exclusively showcasing the content produced and aired by Viacom18 channels, Voot will also have a big focus on original content created only for the service.