- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Verizon, Viacom renew Fios carriage agreement
MUMBAI: Verizon and US media conglomerate Viacom have announced a renewal of their Fios carriage agreement.
FiOS will carry 25 of Viacom’s networks, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, Spike, TV Land and CMT, in addition to Viacom joint venture services EPIX and Aapka Colors.
Under the terms of the new agreement, Viacom joins a growing list of major programmers who have entered into ground-breaking, active user agreements with Verizon, granting national rights to distribute marquee content to Verizon Wireless customers.
Additionally, Verizon Fios customers will enjoy full access to all of Viacom’s networks, live and on-demand. Early next year, Verizon will enable live, out of home viewing of all of Viacom’s channels via Verizon’s industry-leading Fios Mobile app. Fios customers can already access live feeds of most of the Viacom networks inside the home via the Fios Mobile app. Fios TV customers will also be able to access Viacom’s authenticated TV Everywhere websites and apps and the company’s complete selection of video-on-demand (VoD) programming across multiple platforms like smartphones and tablets. Additionally, Verizon Fios will enable dynamic ad insertion in all Viacom TV Everywhere and VOD content.