- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Verizon, Viacom renew Fios carriage agreement
MUMBAI: Verizon and US media conglomerate Viacom have announced a renewal of their Fios carriage agreement.
FiOS will carry 25 of Viacom’s networks, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, Spike, TV Land and CMT, in addition to Viacom joint venture services EPIX and Aapka Colors.
Under the terms of the new agreement, Viacom joins a growing list of major programmers who have entered into ground-breaking, active user agreements with Verizon, granting national rights to distribute marquee content to Verizon Wireless customers.
Additionally, Verizon Fios customers will enjoy full access to all of Viacom’s networks, live and on-demand. Early next year, Verizon will enable live, out of home viewing of all of Viacom’s channels via Verizon’s industry-leading Fios Mobile app. Fios customers can already access live feeds of most of the Viacom networks inside the home via the Fios Mobile app. Fios TV customers will also be able to access Viacom’s authenticated TV Everywhere websites and apps and the company’s complete selection of video-on-demand (VoD) programming across multiple platforms like smartphones and tablets. Additionally, Verizon Fios will enable dynamic ad insertion in all Viacom TV Everywhere and VOD content.