- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Venkat Sai Media selects Nagra to power its digital cable and broadband setup
MUMBAI: Venkata Sai Media, a multi-system operator (MSO) in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has selected conditional access provider (CAS) provider Nagra’s anyCAST content protection and OpenTV middleware technologies to launch its new digital cable and high-speed broadband offering.
This latest launch also marks the first commercial deployment of OpenTV middleware on a cable system in India, Nagra said.
Hyderabad-headquartered Venkata Sai Media has one million cable TV subscribers. It provides digital TV services under the Media Vision brand name, which includes 276 SD and 24 HD services. The company has plans to introduce value-added services like video-on-demand, home shopping and more.
“Nagra was the vendor of choice in this effort providing pre-integrated conditional access and set-top box (STB) software solutions across multiple chipsets. This was a key factor in helping us deliver the services quickly and efficiently,” Venkata Sai Media said in a statement.
“Venkata Sai Media has acted quickly to meet the digitisation timeline set forth by the Indian government and is now able to reach more local operators with our pre-integrated, scalable and fast time-to-market solutions,” said Nagra’s SVP of sales for the Asia-Pacific region Jean-Luc Jezouin.
Venkata Sai Media’s new service will enable a new generation of digital TV services for local cable operators. It boasts built-in features powered by OpenTV middleware such as PVR and targeted advertising and a user interface adapted to the region’s multi-lingual landscape.
Robust content protection is provided by the Nagra anyCAST Security Services Platform, which supports a range of services from basic free-to-view to enhanced content like 4K Ultra HD.