- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Venkat Sai Media selects Nagra to power its digital cable and broadband setup
MUMBAI: Venkata Sai Media, a multi-system operator (MSO) in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has selected conditional access provider (CAS) provider Nagra’s anyCAST content protection and OpenTV middleware technologies to launch its new digital cable and high-speed broadband offering.
This latest launch also marks the first commercial deployment of OpenTV middleware on a cable system in India, Nagra said.
Hyderabad-headquartered Venkata Sai Media has one million cable TV subscribers. It provides digital TV services under the Media Vision brand name, which includes 276 SD and 24 HD services. The company has plans to introduce value-added services like video-on-demand, home shopping and more.
“Nagra was the vendor of choice in this effort providing pre-integrated conditional access and set-top box (STB) software solutions across multiple chipsets. This was a key factor in helping us deliver the services quickly and efficiently,” Venkata Sai Media said in a statement.
“Venkata Sai Media has acted quickly to meet the digitisation timeline set forth by the Indian government and is now able to reach more local operators with our pre-integrated, scalable and fast time-to-market solutions,” said Nagra’s SVP of sales for the Asia-Pacific region Jean-Luc Jezouin.
Venkata Sai Media’s new service will enable a new generation of digital TV services for local cable operators. It boasts built-in features powered by OpenTV middleware such as PVR and targeted advertising and a user interface adapted to the region’s multi-lingual landscape.
Robust content protection is provided by the Nagra anyCAST Security Services Platform, which supports a range of services from basic free-to-view to enhanced content like 4K Ultra HD.