- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Twitter’s live streaming video channel now available on Roku devices
MUMBAI: Roku users can now consume the best of micro blogging site Twitter’s live streaming video from the comfort of their couch.
The channel features live streaming video available on Twitter, which includes original programming and live simulcasts in sports, entertainment, news, and politics. Additionally, people can browse commentary via the Twitter timeline as they watch live events.
“The Twitter channel on the Roku platform brings together the video and related conversation that surrounds live events to the largest screen in the house. Our new channel gives Roku’s audience an easy way to watch live events and see what people are talking about, keeping them connected to what’s happening,” said Twitter product manager Ryan Troy.
“Twitter live video streaming brings a new element to TV viewing with access to major league sports and other crowd-pleasing moments. Roku customers will enjoy access to major video moments for free,” said Roku VP content acquisition Ed Lee.
The Twitter channel is available for free in the Roku Channel Store to Roku users and is accessible to anyone with a current-generation Roku device regardless of whether they have a Twitter account.