- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Twitter’s live streaming video channel now available on Roku devices
MUMBAI: Roku users can now consume the best of micro blogging site Twitter’s live streaming video from the comfort of their couch.
The channel features live streaming video available on Twitter, which includes original programming and live simulcasts in sports, entertainment, news, and politics. Additionally, people can browse commentary via the Twitter timeline as they watch live events.
“The Twitter channel on the Roku platform brings together the video and related conversation that surrounds live events to the largest screen in the house. Our new channel gives Roku’s audience an easy way to watch live events and see what people are talking about, keeping them connected to what’s happening,” said Twitter product manager Ryan Troy.
“Twitter live video streaming brings a new element to TV viewing with access to major league sports and other crowd-pleasing moments. Roku customers will enjoy access to major video moments for free,” said Roku VP content acquisition Ed Lee.
The Twitter channel is available for free in the Roku Channel Store to Roku users and is accessible to anyone with a current-generation Roku device regardless of whether they have a Twitter account.