- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Twitter’s Deb Roy to deliver keynote at MipTV
MUMBAI: Twitter chief media scientist Deb Roy will deliver a media mastermind keynote at the television trade event MipTV in Cannes, France on 8 April.
The keynote will highlight Twitter as a force multiplier for TV viewing. Studies show that a majority of mobile and tablet users talk about what they’re watching on television with others in real time. This results in unprecedented waves of synchronous conversations about culture and events that Deb Roy calls “the social soundtrack for TV”.
When viewers watch TV together with Twitter instead of time-shifting or watching alone, Twitter can increase the impact and reach of both the programme and the advertiser’s message. Roy will share his views on what this means for TV networks, advertisers and creatives.