- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Twitter’s Deb Roy to deliver keynote at MipTV
MUMBAI: Twitter chief media scientist Deb Roy will deliver a media mastermind keynote at the television trade event MipTV in Cannes, France on 8 April.
The keynote will highlight Twitter as a force multiplier for TV viewing. Studies show that a majority of mobile and tablet users talk about what they’re watching on television with others in real time. This results in unprecedented waves of synchronous conversations about culture and events that Deb Roy calls “the social soundtrack for TV”.
When viewers watch TV together with Twitter instead of time-shifting or watching alone, Twitter can increase the impact and reach of both the programme and the advertiser’s message. Roy will share his views on what this means for TV networks, advertisers and creatives.