- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Twitter’s Deb Roy to deliver keynote at MipTV
MUMBAI: Twitter chief media scientist Deb Roy will deliver a media mastermind keynote at the television trade event MipTV in Cannes, France on 8 April.
The keynote will highlight Twitter as a force multiplier for TV viewing. Studies show that a majority of mobile and tablet users talk about what they’re watching on television with others in real time. This results in unprecedented waves of synchronous conversations about culture and events that Deb Roy calls “the social soundtrack for TV”.
When viewers watch TV together with Twitter instead of time-shifting or watching alone, Twitter can increase the impact and reach of both the programme and the advertiser’s message. Roy will share his views on what this means for TV networks, advertisers and creatives.