- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Twitter strengthens live streaming content with 16 new deals
MUMBAI: Social networking site Twitter has strengthened its live streaming content with 16 fresh deals at its first Digital Content NewFronts event.
The new live streaming content deals will span across sports, news and entertainment, which will bring hundreds of hours of new premium video content to Twitter.
The announcement also includes exclusive original live programming, live games and events, live syndications, extensions of existing live deals, and new always-on live streaming content onto the platform. It also opens new opportunities for brands to reach passionate and engaged audiences by sponsoring premium video content at scale.
The global live streaming content deals that were announced today are as follows:
- WNBA: The WNBA will live stream 20 regular-season games per year on Twitter in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- MLBAM: In addition to weekly live MLB games that stream on Twitter this season, a new 3-hour once weekly MLB program will live stream exclusively on Twitter.
- The Players’ Tribune: #Verified, a new live show, exclusively on Twitter, featuring a modern forum for athletes to connect directly with fans
- PGA TOUR: The PGA Tour will live stream 360 video of the 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass during The Players Championship
- Bloomberg Media: Bloomberg will debut the first 24/7 breaking news network that will be global, live, social and exclusively on Twitter.
- The Verge: Coming this fall, Circuit Breaker: The Verge’s Gadget Show is a weekly live program that will review and experiment with the hottest gadgets everyone wants
- BuzzFeed News: MorningFeed, a brand new morning news and current events show broadcast live on Twitter by BuzzFeed, will reach an audience that wakes up hungry for the latest in “fire Tweets.”
- Cheddar: Cheddar’s Opening Bell is now streaming live daily at 9 am ET from the New York Stock Exchange, bringing the day’s finance, tech and business news to viewers
- Live Nation: Live Nation will deliver select Live Nation concerts and original content exclusively on Twitter.
- IMG Fashion: IMG Fashion will bring exclusive runway shows and behind-the-scenes Fashion Week content for Twitter users, live, from New York, Milan, Paris, London and beyond
- Propagate: #WhatsHappening is a new live daily, entertainment-driven, primetime show on everything in the world that embraces Twitter’s unique conversation.
In 2016, Twitter started building on this to bring live streaming video and create a one-screen experience for live content and the conversation around it. The live stream feature has helped Twitter to grow their premium video business to more than 200 premium video publishers across the active segments — from sports and esports, to news, creators and entertainment. In Q1 this year, second quarter since the launch of live video on Twitter, the social media has delivered over 800 hours of live streaming premium video content across more than 450 events, driving an audience of 45 million unique viewers. The audience is global, mobile, and influential, with 55% of our logged-in live viewers being under the age of 25, Twitter said.