- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Trace acquires African VOD service Buni.tv
MUMBAI: Ahead of its own VOD launch, Trace has acquired African VOD service Buni.tv.
“Trace and Buni.tv share the same strategic vision in that we believe that VOD is the future of television. We also share the same analysis that the success of any VOD service in Africa will depend on whether it can source and offer high quality original African content,” said Trace CEO Olivier Laouchez.
Buni.tv CEO Marie Lora-Mungai said, “Critical mass is crucial for the success of any VOD service. As the African VOD market becomes increasingly competitive and sophisticated, we are thrilled to join forces with a solid and forward-thinking partner such as Trace.”