- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Trace acquires African VOD service Buni.tv
MUMBAI: Ahead of its own VOD launch, Trace has acquired African VOD service Buni.tv.
“Trace and Buni.tv share the same strategic vision in that we believe that VOD is the future of television. We also share the same analysis that the success of any VOD service in Africa will depend on whether it can source and offer high quality original African content,” said Trace CEO Olivier Laouchez.
Buni.tv CEO Marie Lora-Mungai said, “Critical mass is crucial for the success of any VOD service. As the African VOD market becomes increasingly competitive and sophisticated, we are thrilled to join forces with a solid and forward-thinking partner such as Trace.”