- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Trace acquires African VOD service Buni.tv
MUMBAI: Ahead of its own VOD launch, Trace has acquired African VOD service Buni.tv.
“Trace and Buni.tv share the same strategic vision in that we believe that VOD is the future of television. We also share the same analysis that the success of any VOD service in Africa will depend on whether it can source and offer high quality original African content,” said Trace CEO Olivier Laouchez.
Buni.tv CEO Marie Lora-Mungai said, “Critical mass is crucial for the success of any VOD service. As the African VOD market becomes increasingly competitive and sophisticated, we are thrilled to join forces with a solid and forward-thinking partner such as Trace.”