- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Times Internet hires Prashan Agarwal as Gaana COO
MUMBAI: Times Internet Ltd (TIL) has appointed Prashan Agarwal, an entrepreneur in the consumer internet space, as the chief operating officer of its music streaming app Gaana.
Before joining Times Internet, Agarwal co-founded multiple internet ventures, such as PropTiger.com, a leading real estate transaction marketplace. He comes with overall experience of 14 years and brings extensive understanding about all aspects of consumer internet businesses and tangible business models. In the past, he had held senior leadership roles at Naukri.com, GE Infrastructure and Sapient.
An ISB and IIT alumnus, Agarwal is an expert in strategy, sales, operations and product management. He has been awarded the GE Infrastructure CIO Excellence Award for Outstanding Six Sigma Project.
TIL CEO Gautam Sinha said, “I’m excited to welcome Prashan Agarwal as chief operating officer, Gaana. I’m optimistic that with his entrepreneurial approach and strong consumer internet, business and product acumen, he will further strengthen Gaana’s position as the leading and most loved music streaming app.”
“I am looking forward to contributing and adding value to the team and making Gaana a household name and future of streaming music,” said Agarwal.