- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Times Internet hires Prashan Agarwal as Gaana COO
MUMBAI: Times Internet Ltd (TIL) has appointed Prashan Agarwal, an entrepreneur in the consumer internet space, as the chief operating officer of its music streaming app Gaana.
Before joining Times Internet, Agarwal co-founded multiple internet ventures, such as PropTiger.com, a leading real estate transaction marketplace. He comes with overall experience of 14 years and brings extensive understanding about all aspects of consumer internet businesses and tangible business models. In the past, he had held senior leadership roles at Naukri.com, GE Infrastructure and Sapient.
An ISB and IIT alumnus, Agarwal is an expert in strategy, sales, operations and product management. He has been awarded the GE Infrastructure CIO Excellence Award for Outstanding Six Sigma Project.
TIL CEO Gautam Sinha said, “I’m excited to welcome Prashan Agarwal as chief operating officer, Gaana. I’m optimistic that with his entrepreneurial approach and strong consumer internet, business and product acumen, he will further strengthen Gaana’s position as the leading and most loved music streaming app.”
“I am looking forward to contributing and adding value to the team and making Gaana a household name and future of streaming music,” said Agarwal.