- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Times Internet acquires micro-content app Viral Shots
MUMBAI: Times Internet, the digital arm of Times of India Group, has acquired Gurgaon-based Viral Shots for an undisclosed amount.
Viral Shots is a micro content mobile app that extensively curates stories from over 300 social and web destinations. It is clocking around 100 million screen views per month.
The app was founded by Shalini Tewari and Kumar Apurva. They have over 15 years of experience in the mobile and Internet space.
Each with a picture and less than 60 words, the content shots are presented in a number of enthralling formats.
Viral Shots currently serves differentiated content in English, Hindi, Bengali and Telugu. It intends to be available in all the major Indian languages by mid-2016.
Times Internet VP of corporate development Miten Sampat said,” This fits into our prime goal of providing our readers an innovative & informative content experience. We found the format and curated content of Viral Shots very addictive and their engagement with users was amazing. We feel confident that this can become the number 1 app in its category.”
Added Tewari, “Viral Shots has massive engagement with its audience, with users launching the app several times a day and giving over 100 screen views/DAU. It’s clear we are being able to deliver content that the consumer is enjoying and we are now very excited that we can leverage the deep understanding that the Times group has in the content and mobile space to grow even faster.”