- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Tata Sky using Elemental software to deliver UHD content
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky is using Elemental Technologies’ software to process ultra HD (UHD) live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to its 4K-ready set-top boxes (STBs).
Software-based Elemental Live system performs real-time processing of Tata Sky 4K content in HEVC at 60/50fps for linear streaming to Tata Sky 4K STBs.
Tata Sky deployed the latest 4K service and STBs ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 currently underway in Australia and New Zealand.
“We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of technology and delivering world-class TV experience to our viewers. The Tata Sky 4K service is an example of not only keeping up with changing times, but in fact giving our viewers a pioneering technology that the world would follow,” said Tata Sky MD and CEO Harit Nagpal.
“Tata Sky has selected Elemental video processing to bring 4K content programming to the India market. We are proud to provide Tata Sky with our software-defined video solutions to deliver unbeatable picture quality,” said Elemental Technologies SVP of worldwide sales Dan Marshall.
The new-generation 4K UHD Tata Sky STB is capable of delivering UHD picture quality and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound. Viewers can enjoy 8.3 megapixel (3840×2160) video, which is approximately four times the pixel count of the current HD standard, offering far greater clarity and more vivid colours on screen. In addition to 4K content, the STB is capable of delivering standard definition (SD) and HD TV channels.