- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Tata Sky uses Ericsson technology for 4K service
MUMBAI: Ericsson said today that it has enabled direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky to launch the commercial 4K video service in the subcontinent.
Ericsson has provided compression technology for 4K distribution using high resolution 1080P50 format. This helps boost TV viewing experience for Indian-based viewers subscribing to the 4K Tata Sky Video Service.
The Compression technology HEVC (High Efficiency Video Codec) integrated by Ericsson enables Tata Sky to achieve cost-effective and crucial bandwidth efficiencies while deploying new video services to meet ever increasing network and consumer demands.
Tata Sky MD and CEO Harit Nagpal said, “Tata Sky is committed towards delivering a world class TV viewing experience to its customers. As the discerning customers of today look towards the future of TV, we are pleased to extend our partnership with Ericsson to deliver next generation 4K ultra high definition technology to our customers in India.”
Ericsson India head Chris Houghton added, “Ericsson is delighted to partner with Tata Sky to roll out India’s first commercial 4K video service. Superior technology, proven industry leadership and service excellence from Ericsson enables Tata Sky to offer a differentiated and future proofed digital experience to its subscribers.”