- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
StarHub first in Asia to launch Smithsonian Channel HD
MUMBAI: Curious Singaporean minds can look forward to a brand new education channel on StarHub TV with the launch of Smithsonian Channel HD (StarHub TV Channel 415) on 27 September.
Smithsonian Channel HD will feature content across historical, scientific and cultural topics, all in high definition.
Inspired by Smithsonian Institution–the world’s largest museum, education and research complex, consisting of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park and nine research facilities–Smithsonian Channel HD will entertain while showcasing awe-inspiring stories and powerful documentaries, shining new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature and pop culture.
“We are excited that StarHub TV customers will be first in Asia to enjoy Smithsonian Channel HD. With countless hours of original programming, the addition of this channel shows our commitment to our education offering. The learning never stops on StarHub TV and we will continue looking for content which entertains and inspires our customers,” said Starhub head of content, TV Lee Soo Hui.
“The launch of Smithsonian Channel in Singapore is another step in our ongoing efforts to expand the brand to an international audience. We are proud to bring our award-winning and diverse programming to StarHub TV customers,” said Smithsonian Channel president Tom Hayden.