- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Star promotes Hotstar in Kerala with Mohan Lal as brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Star India’s OTT video platform Hotstar has launched a multi-media campaign featuring brand ambassador Malayalam superstar Mohan Lal.
The six-week campaign featuring Mohan Lal will run across TV, print, outdoor and digital.
Hotstar provides over 80,000 hours of entertainment content in eight Indian languages including more than 4,000 hours of Malayalam content, which include a large collection of the latest and classic Malayalam movies and popular TV shows.
Star India MD South K Madhavan said, “It is a pleasure to be here with Hotstar today and I am grateful to Mohan Lal the superstar and a befitting brand ambassador for Hotstar in Kerala. With the changing landscapes of the entertainment industry and digitalisation of content and consumption, Hotstar, India’s biggest digital content platform, is consolidating its presence in the Southern markets by providing a superior digital service to both the fans and the eco-system of Malayalam movies and television, along with brands in general.”
Hotstar CEO Ajit Mohan said, “Over the last 15 months, Hotstar has established itself as the primary screen for young India. We are the only platform that showcases and curates the best of Malayam movies and TV shows, all for free to users. We are keen to showcase this extraordinary offering to one of the most extraordinary states in the country. We are grateful that as a brand ambassador, Mohan Lal will be helping us showcase our platform to Malayalis across the world in the days to come.”
Hotstar features more than 150 Malayalam films and more than 50 current TV shows in the language. Some of the popular Malayalam feature films available on the platform are ‘Premam’, ‘Kunjiramayanam’, ‘Bangalore Days’, ‘Loham’, ‘Drishyam’, ‘Oru Vadakan Selfie’ and more. Popular TV shows include ‘Karuthamuthu’, ‘Parasparam’, ‘Chandanamazha’, ‘Pranayam’, ‘Sell Me the Answer’ and ‘Seethayanam’.
Launched in February 2015, Hotstar has been downloaded more than 60 million times.