- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Star Plus uses YouTube 360 feature for ‘Dance +
MUMBAI: Star Plus used the YouTube 360 feature as part of the launch campaign for its new dance reality property Dance +.
Star Plus launched Dance+ this Sunday and as a part of the launch campaign the channel gave viewers an immersive experience into the Dance+ stage and performances using the YouTube 360 feature.
YouTube 360 serves up videos that give viewers a complete 360 view of the content simply by moving and rotating the device on which the video is being viewed.
For the first time in India, a brand used the YouTube 360 feature to showcase video content to connect with their audience. The one minute long video showcased some of the Dance+ performances in 360 giving viewers a chance to see the entire set, stage, audiences and super judge Remo D Souza by a simple rotation of their mobile device.
A Star spokesperson said, “At Star Plus we take pride in being ahead of the curve in all our marketing endeavours. We felt this was a great innovation in the digital space and wanted to be the first to use this to bring alive the superlative experience of Dance + for our viewers.”
The channel claims that the video garnered over half a million views within a few hours of launch prompting viewers to actively share it on social media.
The Dance+ 360 video also featured on YouTube’s 360° Global Channel for the most popular and compelling virtual reality videos among the likes of Star Wars and Nike.
Dance + airs at 8 pm, every Sunday on Star Plus.