- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Spuul expands Punjabi content library with 100 movies
MUMBAI: Video-on-demand (VOD) platform Spuul has expanded its Punjabi content library with a collection of over 100 movies.
Spuul has added movies from leading Punjabi content producers and distributors such as Lokdhun, Unisys, Daddy Mohan Records, Speed Records, Kumar Films and Yellow Music .
Speaking on this latest development, Spuul India CEO Rajiv Vaidya said, “We enjoy the patronage of a large number of Punjabi users across the globe. Adding Punjabi-language content to our already vast Hindi catalogue is a natural progression. Considering the huge improvement in the quality of Punjabi films being produced today, they are appealing to a much wider audience. We are excited to provide to our 18 million viewers across India, Pakistan, Canada, Australia & NZ, UK, US and Middle East with better, newer and fresher Punjabi content.”
As a first, Spuul will be showcasing the exclusive premiere of ‘Atishbaazi Ishq’, starring Mahie Gill and Roshan Prince, within a week of its theatrical release early next month. Earlier, the digital platform showcased Jimmy Shergill’s ‘Vaisakhi List’ within the first two months of its digital release.
The other highest-grossing titles in the Spuul catalogue are ‘Jatt & Juliet 1&2’ and animated blockbuster ‘Chaar Sahibzaade’. These movies will be available across web, mobile (iOS, Android), smart TV, Apple Airplay, Fire on Amazon and Chromecast on Android.