- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Spuul adds season 2 of Satyamev Jayate to its library
MUMBAI: After ‘Mad in India’ and ‘Ishq Kills’, Spuul has added another property from Star Plus.
Spuul, the online streaming service for Indian cinema and television, will show Aamir Khan-hosted ‘Satyamev Jayate’ (SMJ) season 2. The show, which premiered on Star Plus on 2 March, has been made available for the fans in India and Pakistan starting today.
SMJ highlights sensitive social issues prevalent in India. In its first season, it had taken up issues like female foeticides, child sexual abuse, dowry, medical malpractice, honour killings, insensitivity towards the physically disabled, domestic violence, overuse of pesticides leading to poisoning, alcoholism, untouchability, plight of senior citizens and water crisis.
The second season started with the most relevant issue of rapes in India.
Spuul India CEO Prakash Ramchandani said, “The season 2 is one of the most anticipated TV shows. With this we are strengthening our proposition of providing popular entertainment available anytime, anywhere.”
While Hindi is the primary language of the show, SMJ is also dubbed and simulcasts in other Indian languages such as Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu. It has subtitles in English.