- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Spuul adds season 2 of Satyamev Jayate to its library
MUMBAI: After ‘Mad in India’ and ‘Ishq Kills’, Spuul has added another property from Star Plus.
Spuul, the online streaming service for Indian cinema and television, will show Aamir Khan-hosted ‘Satyamev Jayate’ (SMJ) season 2. The show, which premiered on Star Plus on 2 March, has been made available for the fans in India and Pakistan starting today.
SMJ highlights sensitive social issues prevalent in India. In its first season, it had taken up issues like female foeticides, child sexual abuse, dowry, medical malpractice, honour killings, insensitivity towards the physically disabled, domestic violence, overuse of pesticides leading to poisoning, alcoholism, untouchability, plight of senior citizens and water crisis.
The second season started with the most relevant issue of rapes in India.
Spuul India CEO Prakash Ramchandani said, “The season 2 is one of the most anticipated TV shows. With this we are strengthening our proposition of providing popular entertainment available anytime, anywhere.”
While Hindi is the primary language of the show, SMJ is also dubbed and simulcasts in other Indian languages such as Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu. It has subtitles in English.