- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Spuul adds season 2 of Satyamev Jayate to its library
MUMBAI: After ‘Mad in India’ and ‘Ishq Kills’, Spuul has added another property from Star Plus.
Spuul, the online streaming service for Indian cinema and television, will show Aamir Khan-hosted ‘Satyamev Jayate’ (SMJ) season 2. The show, which premiered on Star Plus on 2 March, has been made available for the fans in India and Pakistan starting today.
SMJ highlights sensitive social issues prevalent in India. In its first season, it had taken up issues like female foeticides, child sexual abuse, dowry, medical malpractice, honour killings, insensitivity towards the physically disabled, domestic violence, overuse of pesticides leading to poisoning, alcoholism, untouchability, plight of senior citizens and water crisis.
The second season started with the most relevant issue of rapes in India.
Spuul India CEO Prakash Ramchandani said, “The season 2 is one of the most anticipated TV shows. With this we are strengthening our proposition of providing popular entertainment available anytime, anywhere.”
While Hindi is the primary language of the show, SMJ is also dubbed and simulcasts in other Indian languages such as Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu. It has subtitles in English.