- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Sony to launch Android powered TV sets in India
MUMBAI: Consumer electronics major Sony will launch its new range of Android powered television sets in India next week.
The TVs will have inbuilt cameras and video conferencing solutions like Skype. The remote of the device will have a touch pad, making the television browsing experience close to a computer experience.
Apart from the high-end 4K models, some normal flat screen Bravia models too will run on Google’s smart TV platform Android TV, where users can download and operate applications like they do on a mobile phone, reports the Economic Times.
It will be in the mid-to-high price range.
Among the preloaded applications on the sets will be a video-streaming app that could also be used as a catch up TV for consumers to access shows they may have missed during the week.