- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony to launch Android powered TV sets in India
MUMBAI: Consumer electronics major Sony will launch its new range of Android powered television sets in India next week.
The TVs will have inbuilt cameras and video conferencing solutions like Skype. The remote of the device will have a touch pad, making the television browsing experience close to a computer experience.
Apart from the high-end 4K models, some normal flat screen Bravia models too will run on Google’s smart TV platform Android TV, where users can download and operate applications like they do on a mobile phone, reports the Economic Times.
It will be in the mid-to-high price range.
Among the preloaded applications on the sets will be a video-streaming app that could also be used as a catch up TV for consumers to access shows they may have missed during the week.