- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
SonyLiv to stream Serie A and La Liga matches
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s (SPNI) digital entertainment platform SonyLiv will broadcast all the matches of the Spanish La Liga and Italian Serie A on its web and mobile platforms.
With around 20 matches being played every weekend, the move will allow SonyLiv users to gain access to exhilarating action on offer, anytime, anywhere.
The La Liga is one of the biggest and most popular football leagues around the world. The winners of the last three editions of the UEFA Champions League—Real Madrid and FC Barcelona—ply their trade in the La Liga, underlining its position in the European football arena.
Serie A is also known to be an extremely competitive league with pedigreed clubs such as Juventus, AC Milan, Internazionale, Napoli and AS Roma battling it out for domestic supremacy.
Having enabled the live streaming of UEFA Euro 2016, SonyLiv continues to deliver seamless access to top-notch football to its users. So be it the ongoing rivalry between Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi in Spain or the continuing domination of the Old Lady of Turin, Juventus, in the Italian Serie A, football fans can catch all the drama unfold over the season on SonyLiv’s web and mobile platforms.
SonyLiv EVP and head of digital business Uday Sodhi said, “The La Liga and Serie A are, without a doubt, two of the most popular football leagues in the world. Clubs from these leagues also have massive support among Indian viewers, which is why we decided to broadcast all the matches through our platform. This will allow SonyLiv’s large and growing viewership to watch any league match from Serie A or La Liga seamlessly and on the go, enhancing their access to the high-intensity football on action.”