- Present Bimal Gurung, Others in Madan Tamang Murder Case Before Court, HC Tells CBI
- Chandigarh court rejects abortion plea of 10-year-old repeatedly raped by her uncle
- H-1B visa applicants being diverted to O visa: US Senator
- Delhi Doctor Kidnapped For 14 Days By Ola Driver For 5-Crore Ransom
- Around 30 feared dead as bus plunges into 300 metre gorge in Himachal Pradesh
- HC asks police to file status report in Sunanda Pushkar case
- No war, but skirmishes with China cannot be ruled out
Sony Liv to launch a Gujarati web series on 19 May
MUMBAI: After launching its first regional web series in Marathi, Sony Pictures Networks India’s video-on-demand (VoD) service Sony Liv is launching India’s first-ever Gujarati rom-com web series ‘Kacho Papad Pako Papad’ on 19 May.
The show will be spread across 12 weeks, with each episode spanning 6–8 minutes, and a new episode will release every Friday. Sony Liv users have the option to subscribe to the entire web series if they want to binge-watch the show.
Starring acclaimed actors Rupa Divatia, Pratap Sachdeo and Bhakti Rathod, ‘Kacho Papad Pako Papad’ revolves around the sprightly misadventures of the Maniyar family.
The family has an uncanny ability to make any ordinary issue look like an extraordinary challenge. It all begins when their son Vipul brings home a girl who is older than him to be introduced to the family. However, trouble ensues when a girl who is several years younger professes her love for their son and her intent to marry him.
Sony Liv EVP and head of digital business Uday Sodhi said, “Regional content consumption is growing rapidly and with access to faster internet speeds, this growth will only amplify further. To cater to this emerging demand, we at Sony Liv decided to launch India’s first-ever rom-com Gujarati web-series ‘Kacho Papad Pako Papad’. The show underlines our brand promise of providing the best in entertainment to our viewers, with engaging and relatable content tailor-made to suit their entertainment and language preferences. We hope our viewers enjoy the series, one of the many firsts in our business.”
Earlier, the VoD platform had launched a Marathi web series titled ‘Yolo’.