- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Sony Liv launches web original ‘Married Woman Diaries’
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s video-on-demand (VoD) service Sony Liv has rolled out a new original digital series titled ‘Married Woman Diaries’.
Helmed by Kabir Sadanand, the series chronicles the lives and issues of an urban couple through the perspective of the female partner.
The 10-episode web series is available on Sony Liv’s web and mobile platforms from 26 December. The episodes will range in duration from 12 to 15 minutes, offering funny insights into marital life, from the wife’s point-of-view.
The show is in sync with Sony Liv’s renewed brand ethos, ‘We Liv to Entertain’, and underlines the platform’s promise to be the destination for diverse, high-quality entertainment with engaging stories.
Produced by Frog Unlimited, ‘Married Woman Diaries’ is a humorous take on the lives of Shweta, a stand-up comedian, played by Suzanna Mukherjee, and her husband Rishi, a senior marketing manager in an ad agency, played by Abhishek Rawat.
SPNI EVP and head of digital business Uday Sodhi said, “With their entertainment sensibilities having evolved beyond the run of the mill, the Indian web viewer is on the lookout for new and relevant content that breaks free from the stale formulaic formats. Given the novelty of the concept and the relatability of the situation, we are confident that the forthcoming original web series ‘Married Woman Diaries’ will be a massive hit with our millennials, underlining our new brand proposition of ‘We Liv to Entertain’.”