- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony Liv launches web original ‘Married Woman Diaries’
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s video-on-demand (VoD) service Sony Liv has rolled out a new original digital series titled ‘Married Woman Diaries’.
Helmed by Kabir Sadanand, the series chronicles the lives and issues of an urban couple through the perspective of the female partner.
The 10-episode web series is available on Sony Liv’s web and mobile platforms from 26 December. The episodes will range in duration from 12 to 15 minutes, offering funny insights into marital life, from the wife’s point-of-view.
The show is in sync with Sony Liv’s renewed brand ethos, ‘We Liv to Entertain’, and underlines the platform’s promise to be the destination for diverse, high-quality entertainment with engaging stories.
Produced by Frog Unlimited, ‘Married Woman Diaries’ is a humorous take on the lives of Shweta, a stand-up comedian, played by Suzanna Mukherjee, and her husband Rishi, a senior marketing manager in an ad agency, played by Abhishek Rawat.
SPNI EVP and head of digital business Uday Sodhi said, “With their entertainment sensibilities having evolved beyond the run of the mill, the Indian web viewer is on the lookout for new and relevant content that breaks free from the stale formulaic formats. Given the novelty of the concept and the relatability of the situation, we are confident that the forthcoming original web series ‘Married Woman Diaries’ will be a massive hit with our millennials, underlining our new brand proposition of ‘We Liv to Entertain’.”