- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Sony LIV enhances its English movie catalogue
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s (SPN) video-on-demand (VoD) service Sony LIV has expanded its English movie catalogue with the addition of Hollywood films from the library of Sony Pictures International.
The VoD service has added ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’, ‘Django Unchained’, ‘The Da Vinci Code’, ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’, ‘Angels and Demons’, and the Spiderman series.
It would also premiere the biggest upcoming Hollywood blockbusters before their satellite TV airing.
Sony LIV already offers an extensive Bollywood library with over 1,000 films from across genres. The Bollywood films are part of its subscription service. Customers have to pay Rs 49 per week and Rs 149 per month to access latest and old Bollywood films.
Sony LIV EVP and head of digital business Uday Sodhi said, “At Sony LIV, we are committed to continuously enhancing the entertainment experience of our viewers. After receiving an overwhelming response to our Bollywood library, we are now extending our catalogue to allow English movie buffs to catch up with their Hollywood dose of entertainment—right from award-winning favourites to unseen gems.
“Our endeavour is to make an entire bouquet of eclectic yet engaging cinematic properties accessible at ease, since Sony LIV is a complete digital entertainment destination that consumers can turn to for riveting content of every kind.”