- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Sky’s online streaming service Now TV offers kids 6 live TV channels
MUMBAI: Sky’s online TV streaming service Now TV continues to boost its customer offer with the launch of the Now TV Kids Pass. It will be available to buy from 21 June, offering a way to get top kids TV without a contract and for £2.99 a month.
The Now TV Kids Pass will let kids watch six dedicated live TV channels, as well as thousands of episodes and box sets on demand from Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, NickToons, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, CBeebies, CBBC, and Milkshake!
Whenever they want, kids can enjoy the likes of ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’, ‘Paw Patrol’ and ‘The Powerpuff Girls’, ‘Adventure Time’ and ‘The Amazing World of Gumball’ which are only available on demand to Sky and Now TV customers. Later this year, they can watch ‘Morph’, following the recent news that Sky is commissioning brand new episodes of the much loved character from Oscar-winning studio, Aardman Animations.
All this will be available to watch via a user interface (UI) which was designed with both parents and children. It means the UI is not just fun to use, but adds safety controls for parents’ peace of mind.
New features include:
- A space-themed interface – new characters Dixie, Norbert and Jessie interact with children on screen throughout the viewing experience
- Picture led navigation – shows and episodes are identified by characters and episode imagery helping kids identify the programmes they love
- Favourites rail – the service learns what little ones like so they can quickly and easily access their most-loved shows
- Next episode auto-play – means they can watch more episodes of their favourite shows without having to navigate back to the main menu
- Parental controls – these include: a screen lock to prevent little fingers accidently changing shows on a mobile or tablet; an ‘escape prompt’ which stops them from exiting the UI by mistake; and a parental PIN which allows parents to set restrictions on what they watch.
Now TV director Gidon Katz said, “We want to make sure that everyone in the family gets the best entertainment experience possible and that includes our younger viewers. We’ve created a vibrant, engaging world just for kids, so finding an episode of Dora the Explorer will be almost as fun as watching it. By creating a separate enhanced Now TV Kids Pass our customers have even more choice when it comes to selecting the shows that are right for them, all with no contract.”
The launch of the Now TV Kids Pass sees Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and The Disney Channel move out of the Now TV Entertainment Pass. In addition, from today, Nat Geo Wild will be added as a new channel to the Entertainment Pass, which will continue to offer exclusive access to shows on Sky Atlantic, such as ‘Game of Thrones’ and must see new show ‘Billions’, ‘11.22.63’ on Fox and Harlan Coben’s ‘The Five’, on Sky1. There are over 250 Box Sets like’Sex and The City’, ‘Revenge’, ‘Penny Dreadful’ and ‘True Detective’.
The Now TV Kids Pass is available from 21 June for £2.99 without a contract and comes with a free 14 day trial.