- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sky Deutschland, HBO extend partnership to the end of the decade
MUMBAI: German pay TV service provider Sky Deutschland and HBO have extended their existing exclusive contract ahead of time. As a result, Sky has ensured that it will continue to exhibit HBO’s top quality programming to the end of the decade.
All premium new productions will continue to premiere exclusively on Sky in Germany and Austria. The new contract comprises not only broadcasting of HBO’s programming on Sky Atlantic HD, but also availability through the online video services Sky Go and Snap by Sky, as well as Sky Anytime (including the 2 terabyte HD hard disc receiver Sky+).
In addition, Sky customers will be able to view premieres of prestigious HBO series even earlier. Immediately after airing on HBO on the East Coast, series such as ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘True Detective’ will become available in the original language on Sky, making it possible for fans in Germany and Austria to enjoy their favourite series earlier than ever before.
Sky executive VP programming Gary Davey said, “This has been a great partnership, now extended to the end of the decade. HBO is constantly raising the bar, creating the best series and original TV movies in the world. We are pleased that outstanding series such as ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘The Knick’ and ‘True Detective’, as well as future productions, will continue to have a home on Sky Atlantic HD and will also be available on demand via Sky Go, Sky Anytime and Snap. This ensures that Sky will remain the number one source for top series in the future.”
HBO president of programming sales Charles Schreger said, “Sky Deutschland has been a fantastic partner and it has been great to be a part of their impressive turnaround story. We are delighted to be extending our partnership even further.”