- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Sir David Attenborough to narrate for CBeebies Storytime app
MUMBAI: A new interactive series of animated stories narrated by Sir David Attenborough and inspired by his real-life adventures making natural history documentaries for BBC launches on the CBeebies Storytime app.
‘Attenborough’s Adventures’ follows Sir David at various stages of his life, from his early day filming Zoo Quest in the 1950s right up to his debut in virtual reality for 2016’s ‘Attenborough And The Giant Dinosaur’.
The first interactive story is ‘David And The Gorilla Quest’, which sees a young David Attenborough and his intrepid camera crew exploring the jungle in search of giant apes. The story retells his famous expedition in 1978, when he encountered mountain gorillas at Dian Fossey’s research site in Rwanda as part of the classic BBC Natural History series, ‘Life on Earth’.
Children read and play along with the story by helping Sir David to pack his adventure kit, moving jungle plants aside for him and by tracking the gorillas’ path through the jungle.
A further four stories will be released with Sir David going in search of dinosaurs, dragons, treasure and even a hidden city in:
- Attenborough’s Adventures: David and the Giant Dinosaur
- Attenborough’s Adventures: David and the Hidden City
- Attenborough’s Adventures: David and the Dragon
- Attenborough’s Adventures: David the Treasure Hunter
Attenborough said, “I am thrilled that we’ve brought to life many fond memories of my exploration of the natural world for young children to enjoy and learn.”
CBeebies controller Kay Benbow said, “This wonderful new series is yet another example of CBeebies Storytime helping children and grown-ups enjoy stories together. Each story is brought to life with magical things to touch, swipe and play with, and questions to help develop comprehension skills, so the grown-up and child can enjoy reading, playing and learning together.
“Sir David has led an extraordinary life, and we’re over the moon that his enthralling tales are now helping children to learn while being inspired by the natural world.”
The CBeebies Storytime app is for 0-6 year-olds, and caters for many different reading abilities. It has been downloaded 2.4 million times, and 176,000 children across the country read stories on it every week. The app is free to download on Apple, Android, Kindle Fire devices. It is completely free from any advertisements or in-app purchases and features a parental lock for any external links, keeping little fingers safe to read, explore and play.