- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Singtel TV adds Copa America 2016
MUMBAI: Singapore’s Singtel has secured broadcast rights for the Copa America Centenario USA 2016.
This is the historic 100th anniversary of Copa America – the South American championship which is the world’s oldest international continental football competition. The tournament features some of the world’s best players from North, South, and Central America and the Caribbean, such as Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez.
“We are heightening the excitement for football fans in Singapore by bundling the Copa America 2016 together with the UEFA Euro 2016, so they get to enjoy a double dose of the most exhilarating football action in the world,” said Singtel MD home, consumer Singapore Goh Seow Eng.
Customers who sign up for or renew their Trio, Variety or Value packs for 24 months will get the Copa America 2016 in addition to the UEFA Euro 2016 at no additional charge. This also applies to customers who have an on-going contract.
As a bonus, these customers can also watch all matches from the two tournaments for free on the Singtel TV Go app anytime, anywhere. Using the app, they can enjoy continuous football action easily, following live Copa America 2016 matches during the day and live UEFA EURO 2016 games at night on their mobile devices. Match fixtures and match replays will also be accessible via the app.
Customers who sign up or renew their mio Stadium+ pack, including those on the cable TV platform, for 24 months are able to enjoy the matches of both tournaments via Singtel TV GO app on their mobile devices, or stream the matches directly to their TV screens with the app’s Chromecast and AirPlay function.
It is the first time the Copa America tournament will be hosted outside South America. The tournament will feature an expanded 16 competing teams such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile, USA and Mexico in 32 matches held throughout the US from 3 to 26 June.