- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- 74 injured as train derails in Auraiya
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Singtel partners Netflix for promotional offers
MUMBAI: Singapore pay TV platform Singtel has struck an exclusive tie-up with internet TV network Netflix to give customers promotional offers to access top quality TV shows and movies on the streaming service.
Singtel customers stand to get up to nine months’ worth of complimentary Netflix subscriptions if they re-contract or sign up for Singtel’s mobile plan and/or Fibre Entertainment Bundle+ from 22 January to 22 July 2016.
The tie-up also gives customers the convenience of watching Netflix through Singtel TV set-top boxes (STBs) from April. They can expect to enjoy a quality viewing experience as Singtel can now plug into Netflix’s Open Connect programme, their global content delivery network.
Singtel CEO of Consumer Singapore Yuen Kuan Moon said, “We are delighted to team up with Netflix to offer their top class content on our top class network. Our customers’ entertainment consumption habits are changing. They want more freedom and flexibility in the way they consume content. This partnership with Netflix offers them just that and strengthens our content proposition by complementing our diverse suite of home entertainment offerings.
“Our focus is to deliver quality content that our customers can access on any connected device at any time using our high-speed fixed and mobile networks. This OTT partnership with Netflix is the first of more to come and Singtel customers can expect even more interesting content in the months ahead.”
NetfliX global head of business development Bill Holmes said, “We are thrilled to partner with Singtel to deliver a seamless Netflix experience across their extensive network in Singapore. As a Netflix Open Connect partner and the exclusive promotional launch partner, Netflix and Singtel are working together to deliver our diverse library of TV shows and movies and an unparalleled streaming experience through Singtel products.”
Singtel is giving new and re-contracting customers complimentary Netflix subscriptions when they sign up from 22 January to 22 July 2016:
- Complimentary three months’ Netflix Standard HD Content subscription with Mobile or Fibre Broadband plan
- Complimentary six months’ Netflix Standard HD Content subscription with Fibre Entertainment Bundle+
- Complimentary nine months’ Netflix Standard HD Content subscription with both a Mobile plan and Fibre Entertainment Bundle+
Singtel customers can experience Netflix on mobile, tablet and computer. From April, they can also access Netflix on Singtel TV STBs and customers can pay for their Netflix subscriptions directly through their Singtel billing. Netflix subscriptions offered in Singapore are priced according to its prevailing pricing plans.