- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Singapore’s Mediacorp forms a digital group
MUMBAI: Singaporean multimedia company Mediacorp has created a digital group to focus on products and services for online consumers and marketers.
From 1 July, Shane Mitchell will lead the Digital Group as chief digital officer reporting to CEO Shaun Seow. The new group will be one of six in MediaCorp’s organisational structure, aimed at accelerating its digital transformation.
The company’s vision has seen MediaCorp investing in several digital native firms, including Kapanlagi Network (KLN), which is among Indonesia’s fastest growing. MediaCorp added that it also created a digital-first newsroom, breaking stories on its popular digital platforms before television, radio or print.
The revamped version of over-the-top service Toggle brings together the company’s rich video offerings and entertainment editorial previously published via xinmsn. In addition, vertical solutions targeting fashion, food and youth are being launched.
Moving forward, the Digital Group will focus on product innovation, social and content marketing, and growing audiences both in breadth and depth. One of its units, the Brand Studio, will offer digital solutions to address the needs of a growing band of companies investing in paid, brand and social content.
The company has also started recruiting experienced digital producers, marketers and managers to raise the bar on user experience and audience development.
Mitchell said, “The Digital Group will help drive the next generation of MediaCorp content and services, introducing new and compelling ways to tell stories, and connect consumers and marketers. We are very open to collaboration and we are looking at a range of strategic partnerships with key digital players. I am excited to be in the vanguard of making Mediacorp a truly digital company with an online-first strategy for all content.”