- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
SillyMonks launches trailer of debut web series on YouTube
MUMBAI: Hyderabad-based multi-channel network (MCN) SillyMonks today unveiled the trailer of its debut web series, a horror comedy titled ‘Deyyam Premalo Padindhi’, on its YouTube channel SillyTube.
‘Deyyam Premalo Padindhi’ will be the first of six web series the digital media and entertainment start-up would release. Ten Telugu webisodes having runtime of 14 minutes will be uploaded to YouTube with English subtitles over 10 weeks every Wednesday at 5 pm. There will also be a special promotional episode every Monday.
“We believe the story is very compelling and deals with an unfamiliar love story, which has been scripted as a horror-romance-comedy concoction. There is a huge audience for web series and we want to take the first big leap,” said SillyMonks MD Sanjay Reddy.
“We found unprecedented success with our earlier super hit first Telugu web series ‘Muddhapappu Aavakai’ in collaboration with Pink Elephant Pictures that made a record-breaking 13 million + views on YouTube,” he said.
“The latest web series is an unexplored tale of love between a devil and a human. Horror-romantic-comedy (horomedy) is an unfamiliar genre on YouTube. The success of this web series would surely open up many avenues for trend-setting genre and talent,” said SillyMonks creative head VC Sekhar.
Award-winning director Chandrasekhar Velagapudi has written the story and screenplay of ‘Deyyam Premalo Padindhi’, and the star cast includes TV artists like Karan, Dolly and Anusha.
Sri Madhuri Entertainment has produced the web series for SillyMonks.
Though ‘Deyyam Premalo Padindhi’ has been made for the young, internet-savvy, urban YouTube audience, SillyMonks is keen to explore other platforms as well.
Explaining the market opportunity, Reddy stated, “It’s a huge market opportunity and the vast success of web series like ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’, ‘Pitchers’ and ‘Permanent Roommates’ validates that it is consistently growing.”
Currently, SillyMonks delivers more than 100 million views in a month and addresses a social audience of 16+ million followers across various social media platforms.