- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
‘Sherlock’ to return on Australian SVoD service Stan
MUMBAI: Australian subscription video-on-demand service Stan and BBC Worldwide ANZ have announced a licensing agreement that will see the Sherlock special, the next instalment of global TV sensation Sherlock, premiere exclusively on the SVoD service.
‘Sherlock’ executive producer and co-creator, Steven Moffat, confirmed earlier this year that the new episode is set in Victorian London, fuelling fan theories and speculation. Further details were revealed today when a first look was released at San-Diego Comic-Con.
It was also announced that a limited run of special BBC Worldwide ANZ fan screenings, in association with Stan, is planned for selected cinemas in Australia following the episode’s premiere on the streaming service.
Stan director of content and product Nick Forward said “ ‘Sherlock’ is arguably the most popular drama series in the world right now and the premiere of the new episode will be a global TV event that we’re thrilled to be part of. This extension of our partnership with BBC Worldwide continues our commitment to bring the biggest new shows exclusively to Stan, available day and date with the rest of the world”.
Producer for ‘Sherlock’ Sue Vertue said, “It’s fantastic to have Stan on board as our partner for the ‘Sherlock’ special in Australia and for the fans there to be able to watch day and date with the UK.”
In anticipation of the new episode, fans can binge-watch every episode of ‘Sherlock’ on Stan with Seasons 1-3 now available.