- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Sesame Workshop launches YouTube channel
MUMBAI: Sesame Workshop has announced the launch of Sesame Studios, an all-new YouTube channel, from the creators of Sesame Street.
The channel will showcase new non-Muppet characters, short form series, and original stories. It will build off the success of the Sesame Street YouTube Channel, which has two million subscribers and almost 3 billion views.
With Sesame Studios, Sesame Workshop will create native content designed specifically for a digital platform. The Sesame Studios creative team will partner with top digital stars and creators to tap into a broader audience while preserving the same educational focus that Sesame Street has delivered to parents for over four decades.
“Sesame Street was the original disrupter in kids’ media. When Sesame Street began, Joan Ganz Cooney said, ‘It’s not whether kids are learning from television, but what they are learning.’ The same is true today with preschoolers and YouTube Kids. We are a creative workshop with a 45-year history of breaking new ground. Sesame Studios represents another new frontier for us; one where we can bring our educational expertise to an emerging platform for our audiences,” said Sesame Workshop COO Steve Youngwood.
The channel will feature videos 1-5 minutes long, focusing on a range of curricular areas such as literacy, health, and social-emotional development, delivered in the engaging, creative formats that have long been the hallmark of Sesame Street. Production time will span anywhere from three days to three months, and three new videos will be uploaded each week.
“For nearly half a century, Sesame Workshop has enriched the lives of children while embracing the evolving media landscape – whether it was TV in 1970s or digital today. We’re excited and honoured that Sesame is releasing this new and inspired channel, Sesame Studios, on YouTube Kids,” said YouTube global head of family and learning Malik Ducard.
Singer, songwriter, actor, and YouTube star Todrick Hall wrote and produced the channel’s lively new theme song. Other videos include live-action nursery rhymes, animated milestone songs and animal films as well as new digital native series such as The Totems, Scribble Tales, and Words with Puffballs.
“We’re thrilled to build upon the Sesame Street legacy as we partner with amazing talent around the globe to build Sesame Studios. Our partners benefit from our creative and child development expertise, and we are able to reach new audiences. Our goal is what it’s always been: to engage children with compelling, meaningful content,” said Sesame Workshop senior VP creative development Kay Wilson Stallings.
Marvie, a new digital puppet character, will ‘host’ the channel, introducing new videos and playlists, and encouraging kids to interact with content as they watch. She was created in collaboration with New Jersey based Puppet Heap. Other creative talent working with Sesame Studios include Vsauce Network, Mystery Guitar Man, Jon Burgerman, The Pop Ups, Justin Yu, and Khoa Phan.
Families will be able to co-view Sesame Studios content on the main YouTube channel, and kids can find their favourite new Studios videos on the YouTube Kids app.