- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Scripps taps Globecast for Asia Pacific Playout
MUMBAI: Globecast has been selected by Scripps Networks Interactive to provide distribution, playout, content preparation and select post production services for the company’s portfolio of networks across Asia-Pacific.
Scripps Networks owns and operates four channels across the region including Asian Food Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel and HGTV, which will launch at the end of the year.
The channels will be carried on the Measat-3 satellite, which provides extensive reach across the region, and will have access to a full range of content preparation and playout services using Globecast’s Media Factory. The new state-of-the-art digital Media Factory in Singapore offers broadcasters and content providers a converged workflow to prepare and playout content, pulling together the company’s highly evolved global expertise across the content and channel preparation sectors.
Scripps Networks Asia Pacific MD Derek Chang said, “We selected Globecast to manage our distribution and playout services due to its wide range of services as well as its geographical proximity to our offices.”
Globecast Asia CEO Darby Sanchez said, “We are delighted that we will be working with Scripps Networks in Asia Pacific for both playout and distribution services, providing a real value add for the broadcaster.”