- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Reliance Jio selects TiVo’s CubiTV to deliver TV service
MUMBAI: Reliance Jio Media Pvt. Ltd (RJMPL) has selected TiVo’s CubiTV to power its advanced high definition (HD) and 4k set-top box (STB) platforms.
CubiTV will enable unified access to linear TV with PVR, Video on Demand, Catch-up TV and network PVR, content alongside access to over-the-top (OTT) services.
“TiVo’s deal with RJMPL further demonstrates our product innovations to offer hybrid television and content discovery solutions in markets like India where rapid digitization is occurring. TiVo will help deliver new set of features and functionalities for companies like RJMPL that will give consumers access to a whole breadth of new experiences,” said TiVo SVP and GM of user experience Michael Hawkey.
The CubiTV hybrid television solution is widely available and is used by operators across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and now India.
The solution is cost effective, accessible, and provides a superb user experience to subscribers expecting the latest advancements in television available today, Tivo said.
As reported first in TelevisionPost.com, Jio TV, Reliance Jio’s over-the-top (OTT) app, has expanded its TV channel offering to 412. This is an increase of 44 channels over the 368 channels that it was offering in September.
The current offering brings Jio TV on a par with any direct-to-home (DTH) or multi-system operator (MSO).
Jio TV has channels from virtually all the top broadcasters in India including Star India, Zee, Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI), TV18, Viacom18, Sun TV Network, Discovery Networks India, Turner India, TV Today Network, ABP News Network and NDTV.