- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Reliance Jio selects TiVo’s CubiTV to deliver TV service
MUMBAI: Reliance Jio Media Pvt. Ltd (RJMPL) has selected TiVo’s CubiTV to power its advanced high definition (HD) and 4k set-top box (STB) platforms.
CubiTV will enable unified access to linear TV with PVR, Video on Demand, Catch-up TV and network PVR, content alongside access to over-the-top (OTT) services.
“TiVo’s deal with RJMPL further demonstrates our product innovations to offer hybrid television and content discovery solutions in markets like India where rapid digitization is occurring. TiVo will help deliver new set of features and functionalities for companies like RJMPL that will give consumers access to a whole breadth of new experiences,” said TiVo SVP and GM of user experience Michael Hawkey.
The CubiTV hybrid television solution is widely available and is used by operators across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and now India.
The solution is cost effective, accessible, and provides a superb user experience to subscribers expecting the latest advancements in television available today, Tivo said.
As reported first in TelevisionPost.com, Jio TV, Reliance Jio’s over-the-top (OTT) app, has expanded its TV channel offering to 412. This is an increase of 44 channels over the 368 channels that it was offering in September.
The current offering brings Jio TV on a par with any direct-to-home (DTH) or multi-system operator (MSO).
Jio TV has channels from virtually all the top broadcasters in India including Star India, Zee, Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI), TV18, Viacom18, Sun TV Network, Discovery Networks India, Turner India, TV Today Network, ABP News Network and NDTV.