- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Reliance Jio partners Snapdeal to deliver Jio SIM cards
MUMBAI: Reliance Jio has partnered e-commerce company Snapdeal to home-deliver its Jio SIM cards that come with its ‘Happy New Year offer’. The e-commerce site will deliver the SIM cards to its select customers.
Snapdeal has said that the company will choose their premium customer base and send out an email regarding the offer. Users who get the mail from Snapdeal can click on a given link to enter their details and set up time at which they want the SIM to be delivered.
“Jio partners will deliver Jio SIMs with the JIO Welcome offer (free data, voice calls until March) at the doorstep of customers at the scheduled time. The e-KYC verification of the customer will be done at that time itself. Users who want to get Reliance Jio SIM home-delivered must have a 4G-enabled handset and a local Aadhaar card number,” the statement reads.
The Happy New Year offer from Reliance Jio offers free 4G data and free voice calls until 31 March 2017, an extension of the original Welcome Offer that was unveiled in September during Reliance Jio launch.
Reliance Jio has reached 52 million customers across 28 states of India on its 4G LTE wireless broadband network. It is already running an invite-based pilot programme to deliver its SIM cards to customers’ homes within 30 minutes. Currently, in beta phase, the programme is being rolled out area-wise in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Visakhapatnam.
Recently, Snapdeal has also launched its ‘Cash@Home’, allowing customers to order cash and have it delivered to them at their doorstep.