- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Reliance Entertainment forays into game publishing
MUMBAI: Reliance Entertainment Digital is expanding its gaming properties by venturing into third-party game publishing.
As per a report in the Business Standard, the company is looking to launch new action-oriented games in the next few months. As part of its third-party publishing activity, Reliance Games has already signed five deals with Korean gaming developers to publish their titles on various platforms and take these to the global market.
Reliance Entertainment Digital CEO Manish Agarwal told BS that the aim was to publish at least 10-12 games of global developers on platforms like Android, iOS, Amazon and Windows.
“There are many developers worldwide who spend all their energy and time in making the games, but they don’t really know how to make it to the next level. This is where publishers like us come into the picture and help them in publishing the games under a revenue-sharing model,” he said.
Reliance Games is the mobile gaming division of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group’s Reliance Entertainment Digital. It operates a 200 people gaming studio in Pune, and has created around 70 titles on Android and around 200 java-supported games until now.
Its most popular game has been Real Steel WRB (World Robot Boxing), which has seen around 30 million downloads followed by Real Steel, with around 10 million downloads.
With its new game launches stated between October to January 2015, the company expects to surpass the numbers achieved by its most popular game. Reliance Games has around 1 million daily active users for all its games. With the new launches, the company is planning to increase this number to five million.