- RSCRYPTO completes CAS integration into MStar K1, K5, K7 series chips
- Ryan school murder: Bus conductor granted bail, but no clean chit till yet
- 'Padmavati' row: Let CBFC do its job, says Information and Broadcasting ministry
- Screen 'S Durga' at IFFI, says Kerala High Court
Quikr launches app for Windows platform
MUMBAI: Online classifieds company Quikr has partnered with Microsoft to launch the Quikr app on the Windows Phone Store.
Quikr and Microsoft have worked closely to make the design of the app appealing to users of the Windows platform, thereby bringing the power of the Quikr classifieds marketplace to Windows Phone users.
The app comes equipped with open source software stack that has been used to build the backend while the front-end of the app has been built using native SDKs. This technology makes the performance of the app, fast and user friendly, claims Quikr.
It also says that the app is aimed at reaching out to a wider audience of smartphone users offering them the convenience of trading online.
Quikr founder and CEO Pranay Chulet says, “With over one crore listings on our platform, the Quikr app can now be accessed by Windows Phone users who can buy, sell or rent with greater convenience, ease and simplicity. Quikr’s platform is the perfect matchmaker of buyer with seller. We are delighted to launch the Quikr app on the Windows Phone operating system.”
Microsoft India head applications and developer ecosystem Navdeep Manaktala added, “Mobile internet has enabled the growth of e-commerce at a phenomenal rate in India and offers service providers and consumers a convenient platform to engage anytime, anywhere. Quikr has been at the forefront of this growth and the new Windows Phone app will further simplify the process of online trading for customers on the go, offering them a great experience.”
The salient features of the Quikr app for Windows are:
1. Automatic detection of user’s location to show him ads from his city.
2. Posting category-based adverts: Users can simply click a photograph using their Windows smartphone and post ads for free under categories such as phones, home and lifestyle, cars/bikes in less than a minute.
3. Search to browse simple: User can search for products in various categories. User can further get a more accurate match by using price, brand and other product-specific filters.
4. Buyers and sellers can contact each other using the app over phone, email and messaging. User can also easily share ads over chat and social networks.
The Quikr app is also available on other operating systems including Android, iOS and Java, and has been downloaded by over 10 million users.