- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Quikr enters entertainment industry, inks MoU with film industry professionals
MUMBAI: Cross-category classifieds business Quikr has announced its foray into the entertainment industry by signing an MoU with film industry profesionals.
As per the MoU, the entity will build a platform for actors, casting professionals, directors, producers and other segments of India’s film industry.
Partnering with third generation filmmaker Vivek Bohra and casting director Aadore Mukherjee who has films like ‘Happy New Year’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ to her credit, the new platform will bring together actors, casting directors and production houses to help meet the needs of India’s burgeoning entertainment industry.
“The whole Quikr journey started seven years ago when I was busy making a film in the US. While making the film, I used Craigslist to recruit 50+ cast and crew members in the US, but for the scenes to be shot in India, I realised India had no such platform I could use. So in some ways, life has come full circle for us – Entertainment has always been one of the key categories on Quikr and we are now excited to take things to the next level. Both our partners Vivek Bohra and Aadore Mukherjee live and breathe films, and we are excited to partner with them to infuse the passion of film crazy India with our experience in building digital marketplaces,” Quikr founder-CEO Pranay Chulet said.
Bohra said, “This partnership will help everyone in the Indian entertainment industry. Quikr’s vast reach will help aspiring film actors and other talent get noticed and connect them with opportunities that today seem completely out of reach to them.”
Mukherjee said, “We see huge acceptance for this idea not just in Bollywood but also regional cinema, television, theatre, advertising and even international film production. With Quikr technology at the core of this idea, we are definitely on our way towards something big.”