- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Prime Focus to deliver workflow solution for Viacom18’s Voot
MUMBAI: Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), the technology arm of Prime Focus, has signed a deal to deliver a ‘Digital Next’ workflow solution for Viacom18’s over-the-top (OTT) video platform Voot.
The ‘Digital Next’ workflow of PFT utilises CLEAR Operations Cloud and Media Services to provide metadata tagging, quality control, packaging and delivery of content to Voot. PFT has helped Voot process over 25,000 hours of content online.
In addition to being the exclusive destination for Viacom18’s content portfolio, Voot also houses premium kids content (Voot Kids) and digital originals (Voot Originals).
“Our desire to continue entertaining and engaging customers through different platforms and experiences paved the way for Voot,” said Viacom18 digital ventures COO Gaurav Gandhi.
“As digital video market is set to explode over the coming years, we select our partners who not only can manage scale but also shape industry best practices. In Prime Focus Technologies we found a partner who has the proven experience, mature processes and innovative technology that can handle content processing at scale and with a very quick turnaround,” Gandhi added.
“We congratulate the Viacom18 team on their successful launch and are delighted to be working with them to deliver business value in a category that will define the future of the media and entertainment industry,” said PFT founder and CEO Ramki Sankaranarayanan.
PFT’s ‘Digital Next’ offerings help address the challenges faced by the M&E industry in meeting the demands of digital consumers, with a focus on building a connected enterprise and digital ecosystem, OTT solutions and distribution.