- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Prime Focus to deliver workflow solution for Viacom18’s Voot
MUMBAI: Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), the technology arm of Prime Focus, has signed a deal to deliver a ‘Digital Next’ workflow solution for Viacom18’s over-the-top (OTT) video platform Voot.
The ‘Digital Next’ workflow of PFT utilises CLEAR Operations Cloud and Media Services to provide metadata tagging, quality control, packaging and delivery of content to Voot. PFT has helped Voot process over 25,000 hours of content online.
In addition to being the exclusive destination for Viacom18’s content portfolio, Voot also houses premium kids content (Voot Kids) and digital originals (Voot Originals).
“Our desire to continue entertaining and engaging customers through different platforms and experiences paved the way for Voot,” said Viacom18 digital ventures COO Gaurav Gandhi.
“As digital video market is set to explode over the coming years, we select our partners who not only can manage scale but also shape industry best practices. In Prime Focus Technologies we found a partner who has the proven experience, mature processes and innovative technology that can handle content processing at scale and with a very quick turnaround,” Gandhi added.
“We congratulate the Viacom18 team on their successful launch and are delighted to be working with them to deliver business value in a category that will define the future of the media and entertainment industry,” said PFT founder and CEO Ramki Sankaranarayanan.
PFT’s ‘Digital Next’ offerings help address the challenges faced by the M&E industry in meeting the demands of digital consumers, with a focus on building a connected enterprise and digital ecosystem, OTT solutions and distribution.