- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Popcornflix launches on Apple TV
MUMBAI: Popcornflix a free movie and TV streaming service, has announced that its ad-supported technology is now fully compatible with Apple TV and is available to all Apple TV users.
With this technology in place, Popcornflix can be found on all leading set-top boxes (STBs) and gaming consoles throughout the US, as well as more than 60 other countries around the world.
As an ad-supported VOD service, Popcornflix is at the forefront of developing advanced video advertising technologies. For its Apple TV app, Popcornflix built its own smart client-side ad insertion technology. This proprietary technology will now also be available on a licensing basis to third parties who are seeking advanced ad-serving solutions in the video-on-demand market.
“I’m proud of the team here at Popcornflix for their innovation and allowing us to implement our ad-serving technology into our Apple TV app. From the beginning, our OTT audience has been voracious when it comes to free movies and TV, and we’re thrilled to provide our content to a whole new universe of viewers” said Popcornflix EVP David Fannon.
Popcornflix offers its viewers over 3,000 movies and TV shows, from films such as ‘Monster’ and ‘The Virgin Suicides’, horror films like ‘Paranormal Activity’ and ‘The Descent’ as well as foreign films, documentary programming from National Geographic, and children’s films like ‘Inspector Gadget’.
Popcornflix is also available on Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation PS3 and PS4, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV and Smart TVs.