- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Paytm now available in 10 regional languages
MUMBAI: Mobile payments and commerce platform Paytm is set to unveil its multilingual interface to enable millions of Indians to overcome language barriers and pay and shop in their preferred regional language.
Starting today, Paytm’s user interface on Android will be available in English and in 10 different regional languages – Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Odiya and Punjabi.
Paytm is India’s first mobile payments and commerce platform to offer multiple regional language interfaces. With this, Paytm has expanded its reach to over 80% smartphone users in India, who prefer internet-based services in regional languages, thus making mobile payments and commerce now accessible to all.
Said Paytm senior vice president Deepak Abbot, “At Paytm, our team spends hours designing each new feature and obsesses about the smallest of details. With this new move, we are looking to push our share of customers from tier II and tier III cities from 50% to 70%. Our goal is to make payments and commerce more inclusive, and this new feature will help us expand the market to include those users who would prefer to engage online in their native languages.”
This is an important part of Paytm’s Super app plan where payments and commerce are unified under the same roof. It is a major step towards Paytm’s vision of making cashless transactions a way of life across all consumer segments and demographic profiles in India.