- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
OTT platform Hoichoi ropes in ‘ViewLift’ as tech partner
MUMBAI: Kolkata-based Shree Venkatesh Films (SVF) has roped in New York-based ViewLift as its technology partner for Bengali OTT platform Hoichoi.
SVF gave the mandate to ViewLift in October 2016 to develop the Hoichoi app as well as the website. The beta version has already been launched on iOS and Android platforms, with the final version being readied for a grand launch in two weeks.
Hoichoi co-founder Vishnu Mohta said, “We chose ViewLift as our technology partner because of their expertise in the OTT space with the leading media and entertainment brands in the world and their ability to deploy a full-service video infrastructure rapidly, supporting distribution – consumption-monetisation across all major platforms and devices- Android, iOS, Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast.”
Hoichoi will have original web series, short films and documentaries. It will also have over 500 Bengali movies and 1000 songs for audio streaming at the time of its public launch.
ViewLift CDO, CTO Manik Bambha said, “We are glad to be associated with the development of the next big thing in India’s OTT space. Hoichoi is well positioned to capture significant opportunities in the space with a niche offering meant for Bengali consumers. We are confident that through this digital platform, subscribers will be able to stream on-demand content seamlessly. Hoichoi will benefit from our extensive marketing, data and analytics tools that will help them enhance interaction with their audience.”
ViewLift gives its partners access to an analytics platform. Generated from every platform, piece of content and end-user, the data ViewLift provides allows for analysis of traffic, engagement, revenue and marketing.