- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Online streaming service Spuul in deal with film content owners
MUMBAI: Online streaming service Spuul has stitched deals with film content owners.
In the Bollywood space, Spuul has tied up with studios including UTV-Disney, Yashraj Films, Reliance Entertainment, Balaji Telefilms, Indiacast (distribution arm of Viacom18) and leading distributors Shemaroo , B4U, Venus and Rajshri for its Indian and overseas viewers.
Spuul has also increased its regional library by adding the latest and most popular Malayalam titles like ‘Ivan Maryadaraman’, ‘Lailaa O Lailaa’, ‘Ivan Maryadaraman’ and other handpicked films to cater to an increasing Malayalam audience both in India and the Middle East. Punjabi is another language in regional space where Spuul is eyeing to leverage its reach.
These movies will be available across platforms like Web, Mobile (iOS, Android), Smart TV (Samsung, Panasonic, LG), Airplay on iOS, and Chromecast on Android.
Head content Girish Dwibhashyam said, “In today’s growing competition for video-on-demand (VOD) platform players, there is an increasing need to stay abreast for the latest and fresh content catalogue. At Spuul we are aiming to increasing consumer engagement and enhance their overall experience. Our 12 million viewers all across India, Pakistan, UK, US, Australia and New Zealand and Middle East will now enjoy newer, fresh Indian and regional content in 2016.”