- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Online streaming service Spuul in deal with film content owners
MUMBAI: Online streaming service Spuul has stitched deals with film content owners.
In the Bollywood space, Spuul has tied up with studios including UTV-Disney, Yashraj Films, Reliance Entertainment, Balaji Telefilms, Indiacast (distribution arm of Viacom18) and leading distributors Shemaroo , B4U, Venus and Rajshri for its Indian and overseas viewers.
Spuul has also increased its regional library by adding the latest and most popular Malayalam titles like ‘Ivan Maryadaraman’, ‘Lailaa O Lailaa’, ‘Ivan Maryadaraman’ and other handpicked films to cater to an increasing Malayalam audience both in India and the Middle East. Punjabi is another language in regional space where Spuul is eyeing to leverage its reach.
These movies will be available across platforms like Web, Mobile (iOS, Android), Smart TV (Samsung, Panasonic, LG), Airplay on iOS, and Chromecast on Android.
Head content Girish Dwibhashyam said, “In today’s growing competition for video-on-demand (VOD) platform players, there is an increasing need to stay abreast for the latest and fresh content catalogue. At Spuul we are aiming to increasing consumer engagement and enhance their overall experience. Our 12 million viewers all across India, Pakistan, UK, US, Australia and New Zealand and Middle East will now enjoy newer, fresh Indian and regional content in 2016.”