- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Online streaming platform Dekkho debuts on big screen with Amazon Fire TV Stick
MUMBAI: Online video streaming platform Dekkho has partnered with Amazon to make its big-screen debut and provide its content on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Dekkho will be one of the featured apps on the streaming device, allowing users to access its entire content library of movies and videos across genres such as music, food, fashion, travel, lifestyle and comedy on a preferred basis. In addition, Fire TV Stick users can access content from Dekkho offline as well.
Dekkho will provide a range of specially curated content for Fire TV, offering a television-like experience through a smart, digital medium. Unlike other paid apps, Dekkho’s content on Fire TV will be available on a free-to-use basis, thus enabling greater exposure for content creators through a new channel while monetising their properties.
Dekkho’s attempt to bring independent online content creators on the big screen and provide them exposure through Amazon’s strong distribution model is the first by any Indian player.
Dekkho founder Tanay Desai said, “Dekkho currently enjoys a unique position in the Indian OTT entertainment market. In a bid to expand our content outreach to smart TVs and similar large-screen offerings, this strategic partnership with Amazon Fire TV Stick will help us increase exposure for content creators on our platform. Moreover, it offers Dekkho an extremely promising entry into a larger online entertainment market and the chance to reach out to maximum viewers between 18 to 30 years of age. The resulting increase in reach can also be leveraged to extend our presence on more big-screen apps in the future and allow our users to stream our massive content catalogue on any digital device of their choice, conveniently and seamlessly.”
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a plug-and-play device that connects to the television’s HDMI port and allows users to access digital video content from a host of providers. The device can be set up in just three, simple steps — plug the device in to the HDMI port on the TV; attach the USB cord to the power source; and connect to the WiFi. You can then log into your Amazon account to access content from Dekkho.
Besides Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Fire TV Stick also offers other services such as Hotstar, Netflix and Gaana.