- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Nickelodeon Play App launches in Singapore via Singtel’s OTT video portal
MUMBAI: Nickelodeon has announced the Singapore premiere of the Nickelodeon Play app through its collaboration with Singtel. The Emmy award-winning app is now available for free download as “Nickelodeon Play” from the App Store, Google Play, and can be accessed via the “Kids Pack” section of Singtel’s newly launched Cast app. Cast is a brand new way for Singtel Mobile subscribers to enjoy their favourite entertainment on-the-go, offering thousands of hours of exciting programmes.
Created for kids six years of age and above and their parents and caregivers, Nickelodeon Play is a safe destination jam-packed with the best and funniest Nickelodeon content, including access to hundreds of show episodes, where users can unwind with non-stop humour and endless surprises.
“We’re delighted to introduce Nickelodeon Play to fans in Singapore and are particularly thrilled to have Singtel be the first in Asia to launch it. The immersive and interactive app is a great new way to experience Nickelodeon’s unique brand of funny at your fingertips,” said Nickelodeon Brand, Asia VP Viacom International Media Networks Syahrizan Mansor.
The on-demand app is designed to promote discovery while allowing young users to connect to the content they already love. Kids can access first and exclusive content, selected full-length episodes, in-app-only content, content that premieres first on the app, short-form videos, games, and surprise elements from the network’s live action and animated series. These include ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’, ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’, ‘The Fairly OddParents’, ‘Game Shakers’, ‘Henry Danger’, ‘ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks’.
New content will be added to the app on a weekly basis, and the app requires a Wi-Fi or data connection to access. Access to exclusive content require a subscription to Singtel’s Cast app starting from $4.90 a month (with 12 months contract) or with a special 1 GB data bundle for just $3 more per month (with 12 months contract).
The Nickelodeon Play app features:
- Free access to selected episodes and on-demand access to the network’s popular live-action and animated series including ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’, ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’, ‘The Fairly OddParents’, ‘Game Shakers’, ‘Henry Danger’ and ‘ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks’.
- First and Exclusive – Content that premieres on the app first such as brand new episodes from the latest season two of ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks. This also includes in-app-only content such as titles like Rugrats and Danny Phantom.
- Games – Fans can enjoy games such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Heist in a Half Shell, Game Shakers: Tiny Pickles, The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odd Defenders, Nickelodeon’s Hardest Game Ever, and SpongeBob SquarePants: Piñatas Locas available this month.
- Specials – Include awards shows such as the upcoming 2017 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, movies, or TV movies like ‘SpongeBob’s Truth or Square’.
Nickelodeon Play is part of Viacom Play Plex, a suite of mobile apps for each of Viacom’s major international brands, offering video-on-demand (VOD) access to a range of current and library content, and other content including short-form content, games on Nickelodeon Play and Nick Jr. Play, and pre-school music videos on Nick Jr. Play. Mobile viewers in Singapore will enjoy an intuitive, video-focused user interface and enhanced video player, which reduces loading and buffering times. Selected apps will include social and sharing components.
The Nick Jr. Play, MTV Play and Comedy Central Play apps will roll out in Singapore in the coming months.
In June, Viacom International Media Networks launched BET Play, its first-ever direct-to-consumer, subscription video on demand (SVOD) application for the adult audience in 100 countries.