- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
nexGTv to feature fairy tale videos based on HC Andersen classics
MUMBAI: Expanding its kid content, subscription-led video entertainment app nexGTv has associated with GivingTales and has released an illustrative fairy tale narration platform backed by Sir Roger Moore.
As part of the association, nexGTv will feature Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tales with voice-overs provided by legendary actors including Dame Joan Collins, Charlotte Rampling, Stephen Fry, Sir Michael Caine and Moore himself.
GivingTales is an initiative by Sir Roger Moore with an aim to offer a collection of well-curated fairy tales for kids across the globe. Sir Roger Moore is also the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. The initiative has pledged to donate 30% of its revenues to the program for betterment of children across the globe.
The featured stories revolve around popular folklore that encompasses a world full of fantasy and surrealism. The stories are narrated by fabled artists who have been known to be great contributors for children’s causes.
Commenting on the association, nexGTv COO Abhesh Verma said, “Every grown up person has a special association with fairy tales, something that modelled their imagination during childhood. They are popular for increasing curiosity and fascination amongst kids and often provide a sense of motivation during hardship and despair. Capturing the brilliance of these childhood fantasies in well-illustrated videos are the premium GivingTales stories which can now be availed through our platform.”
The videos will be available to nexGTv users across the globe excluding China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. They can be viewed on nexGTv’s mobile applications (available on both Android and iOS platforms) or through the platform’s website.
nexGTv streams over 150 live TV channels and 1,000 movies. It has a large inventory of video-on-demand (VoD) and television shows. nexGTv has digital rights to screen content beyond India borders for more than 11,500 hours of programming from close to 20,000 hours of programming it hosts on the platform. It secured worldwide rights to content from Rajshree Entertainment, One Network Entertainment, HT Media, Star Entertainment and 9X Media.